Jobcentre pays for storage of personal items – Berlin
Jobcentre takes on storage cost
The Jobcentre in Germany, takes on, in addition to relocation and other costs, in certain cases, the expenditure incurred for the storage of personal items. In the following, we explain what requirements need to be fulfilled and under which circumstances, the storage costs will be refunded. We also provide a small Guide that explains how to get to the paid compartment, and how this process works.
The Jobcentre in Germany is a big help for people who cannot pay for all the costs. Including the costs for an external storage compartment, for personal household items. Of course, this also need to apply some prerequisites. Here is an overview:
- The Storage of personal items is laid down in §22 SBG II fand falls in the "expenses for accommodation and heating". It will not be mentioned extra.
- People from the Jobcentre provided with accommodation, are also entitled to the cost of an external warehouse.
- The cost for a storage room will then be taken, if the apartment is so small that personal belongings cannot be accommodated elsewhere. The cost for the accommodation (room, apartment) and the storage cost together, may not exceed the guideline value of 404€ for a single-person household.
- Hartz IV recipients can also make a request for the first equipment. The acquisition costs for furniture from the Jobcentre. If only furniture needs to be stored, the storage costs must not exceed the claim for the first equipment (currently: 1.189€ for a single-person household). If the storage would be more expensive, it would be uneconomical for the Jobcentre. Because the costs of new furniture would be cheaper than the storage.
- The costs of a compartment will be not taken over for an indefinite period. If the storage period takes already more than two years, and there is no end in sight, the costs will be only paid until this time.
If one of the above-mentioned criteria should be met, the costs for a storage compartment will be taken over. You can store pretty much everything. From furniture, sports equipment, electronic devices, clothing (tightly packed), to a bicycle, for example.
AAll the facts on the subject of relocation as a Hartz IV recipients can be found on our page: "Intermediate storage and relocation Hartz-IV".
Storebox – the selfstorage provider for your household in Berlin
The selfstorage concept is suitable for this purpose perfectly. On the one hand, the locations are centrally placerd and not at the outskirts of Berlin, and on the other hand storage compartments are already from 1m2 available. The size of the compartments plays a significant role in relation to the costs. Small compartments are already very cheap, and these can be even better to justify in front of the job centre, as a large storage container.
Storebox brings other advantages too. All of the locations vof Storebox are video monitored and insured. Smart sensors measure air humidity and room temperature, which creates ideal storage conditions. You have 24/7 access to your compartment. This ensures maximum flexibility.
How do I get to my paid compartment in Berlin?
A guide, such as the organization of a paid compartment is done and what steps it requires, until the stuff can be stored. There are two possibilities:
- The office pays for the storage space provider.
- The person affected pays for the storage space itself and gets the money refunded.
In both cases, this is important to note:
1. Obtain an offer for an adequate storage space (call +49 30 255589310)
2. Give the offer together with the request form to the Jobcentre
3. Important: The office must confirm the request before the contract is be made with the selfstorage provider
4. Complete the contract for your storage compartment.
5. You can store your personal belongings now.
We hope we were able to give a small overview on the topic of "Jobcentre Berlin pays storage" and wish you lots of fun with the storage.
If you have any more questions simply call +49 30 255589310, write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Compartments can be booked in various sizes and cost from €36,99 per m²/month, plus flexible insurance packages.
Your compartment is available immediately after booking and can be accessed around the clock with your personal access code.
Smart & Safe
All Storeboxes are accessible on the ground floor, barrier-free, doubly secured, monitored and insured.